A Group Supervisor works as part of a team made up of the Children and Youth Development and Education Department Director, Group Supervisors, Assistant Group Supervisors, Aides, Cook and clerical staff at our child center located in Homewood Brushton. She/he ensures the coordination of quality program (in particular NAEYC and/or Keystone STARS requirements) for all age groups in the Children and Youth Development and Education Department. Demonstrated knowledge of PA Early Learning Standards, PA Keystone STARS Program, and Environmental Rating Standards. Knowledge of NAEYC and PA DHS standards, regulations, and requirements are preferred.
- Assists the department Director in completing requirements for accreditation including coordination of surveys.
- Assumes responsibility for the operation of the Center in the absence of the department Supervisor and Director.
- Works with the department Director on goals area after the completion of the ERS evaluation of program.
- Implements the Creative Curriculum with demonstrated progress in producing and implementing the curriculum.
- Plans and executes appropriate activities for the children each day and assists teachers to complete weekly activity plans in safe, child-centered environments.
- Supervises Assistant Group Supervisors, aides, and volunteers in the assigned group area; works cooperatively with all other staff.