For more than 60 years, Federated Hermes has provided world-class investment solutions to financial professionals in the United States and around the world. Federated Hermes' employees have defined the qualities of the company’s success over the decades: a reputation for integrity and excellence, a commitment to customers and employees and a history of longstanding client relationships. While each market cycle brings new opportunities and challenges to the company, Federated Hermes continues to foster employee commitment to excellence in the investment management industry.
CAREER OPPORTUNITY #: 7890
POSITION TITLE: SENIOR BUSINESS SPECIALIST - LGIP
DEPARTMENT: CLIENT SERVICES – RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Associate Degree required; Bachelor degree in business or business related field preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the financial industry
- 2 years of Federated experience preferred
- Project management methodology and related software preferred
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of Federated products, operations, organization and systems
- Provide operational support for a specialized product, team or service model (such as Globally Registered Products, LGIPs, CPF, other) including participation in business initiatives involving these products.
- As the product/operational expert this position will facilitate the interaction between internal business units including client services, sales, investment management, legal, transfer agent or contracted third party vendors to analyze new enhancements, issues or requirements and resolve related issues.
- Act as the business unit’s subject matter expert of the specialized team on the appropriate use, process, requirements, sensitivity, criticality and operational risk of a specific fund, service, process and/or team.
- Through reporting, daily interaction, and periodic meetings, monitor the operations of the specialized product +/or initiatives.
- Perform routine oversight of key service and support functions as required. Summarize and report results as appropriate. Elevate issues to management, work with team members and vendors to troubleshoot and resolve issues and trends.
- Develop and maintain relationships with internal groups such as BISD, product management, client services, decision support, legal and marketing to understand their business goals/objectives and to address administrative, operational and service and support issues.
- Play a key role in vendor management adhering to Federated’s framework and standards. Maintain positive business relationships with the transfer agents and vendors.
- Provide day-to-day support of the products. May include troubleshooting issues, participating in conference calls, and other activities outside of normal business hours and outside of the office location.
- Based on specialized team, product, or service model, create and distribute operational messages internally and/or externally as required. Include pre-planned notifications (i.e. holiday service hours, market closures, trading restrictions, or product/system enhancements and maintenance)
- Possess a solid understanding of the products and systems supporting clients.
- Create and manage the development of project plans, business requirements and (as appropriate) cost analysis. Develop the testing and implementation of the final plan.
- Identify key milestones and objectives in order to achieve desired success factors. Develop issues lists, project plans, timelines and project cost estimates. Uses project management methodologies and related software programs to document, plan and track on-going status. Facilitate development of detailed business scenarios, general test plans, acceptance testing implementation, training, and service level agreements with the appropriate business units and vendor partners.
- As required, conduct face to face meetings at key transfer agent or vendor locations, requiring occasional travel, to oversee operations and reinforce service level expectations while establishing mutual trust and confidence.
- Assume lead responsibility for new, large, complex, and sensitive or high profile projects which may be beyond the expertise of team members to ensure successful completion.
- Provide general consulting and problem management support to team.
- Serve as a product and operational resource for all members of the team
- Participate in the documentation of internal policies and procedures. Create and maintain business matrices, user manuals, guides. On an ongoing basis identify areas in which new procedures are required.
- 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. (overtime as required)
- Warrendale Location – Warrendale, PA 15086
- Effective communication skills including ability to deliver accurate and timely written and oral communications
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Possess strong decision making, problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrate ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and deadlines required.
Federated Hermes offers a competitive salary and benefits package along with a professional environment.
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.