Regional Maintenance Technician
Pittsburgh and Surrounding area
Evaluate properties and recommend needed work, work with contractors, work with building site staff, prepare bids, and make repairs to building systems and system components.
Duties and responsibilities
- Work with the Director of Maintenance and Regional Managers to obtain bids for proposed work to be done at the properties
- Assist Site Maintenance and Contractors in the repair of major building components
- Complete repairs to building systems and building components
- Oversee outside contractors and vendors that perform work at the properties
- Complete property inspections with twenty (20) or more units at least semi-annually
- Complete Inspection Report
- Complete Pre-REAC inspections at the properties with Director of Maintenance
- Attend REAC inspections as scheduled
- Report any site deficiencies or concerns to the Director of Maintenance, Regional Managers
- Report property staff concerns to the Human Resource Manager and Regional Manager
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Building Trades and/or Maintenance
- Experience with Building Mechanical Systems (boilers, HVAC, fire suppression systems, etc.)
- HUD/Section 8 Experience preferred
- Camera/Computer/Internet knowledge
- Ability to work well with others
- Personal work vehicle and drivers license
There may be instances when you are approached by maintenance team members and/or residents regarding property concerns. Qualified individuals should have the ability to handle difficult situations in a calm and professional manner.
This is a hand’s-on position that requires the ability to lift up to 60 lbs unassisted, walk, bend stoop, crawl and climb.
Pay and Benefits:
Arbors Management offers a full suite of benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K retirement plan, Short & Long term disability, Life insurance, Paid holidays and Paid time off. Pay for this position will be commensurate with experience.
- Please click on the Apply Now link OR
- Apply on our careers page at www.arbors.com