Universal Stainless, headquartered in Bridgeville, PA, produces semi-finished and finished specialty steel long products and plate including nickel alloy, stainless steel, tool steel and aircraft quality low alloy steels. Our products, which are sold to service centers, forgers, rerollers and original equipment manufacturers, are further processed by our customers for use in a variety of industries. Established in 1994, our experience, technical expertise, and dedicated workforce stand committed to providing the best quality, delivery, and service possible.
- A chance to make an impact in a growing business
- Competitive pay & benefits
- Opportunity for growth & development
We are looking for the best candidates to join our team who want a career not just a job. We are willing to train the right candidate.
This is an entry level position that requires excellent attention to detail, ability to be a self starter, work both independently and with a team, as well as some prior experience operating a tow motor and overhead remote crane.
This position comes with excellent benefits which include great health, dental, vision, STD, Life insurance, 401K and profit sharing. The opportunities for advancement within our company are excellent.
- Aid to department personnel as needed.
- Perform basic odd jobs requiring minimal carpentry skills and use of hand tools.
- Aid to storeroom personnel including but not limited to receiving, stocking, and delivering materials.
- Move and transport material as necessary.
- Weigh and position product.
- Perform roll changes.
- Relieve roll crew.
- Stamp material.
- Perform housekeeping duties including but not limited to removing and disposing or trash and debris.
- Unload trucks.
- Cut scraps.
- Report product and equipment problems to supervisor.
- Operate mobile equipment and cranes.
- Work in a safe and productive manner.
- Maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Fork Truck Experience.
- Experience operating overhead cranes.
- Experience in hand and power tools.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing setting is a plus.
- Steel experience is highly desired.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
Physical and Other Requirements
- Ability to safely move around in a heavy industrial plant environment. Ascending or Descending steps within the plant.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
- Ability to work irregular shifts and extended hours as required, and maintain job performance standards. Universal Stainless is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Universal Stainless is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.