PURPOSE: Oversee the functions of the multi-county PA Pre-K Counts grant and additional early childhood grants as assigned in accordance with all applicable regulations including those of OCDEL and the PA Early Learning Standards.
Education: Bachelor' s Degree and certification in Early Childhood.
Experience: Three years of experience in a management level position with at least two years of supervisory experience. Experience leading and implementing early childhood programs preferred.
Duties may include any or all of the following. This list is intended to be representative.
01. Oversee the operations of PA Pre-K Counts and other early learning programs.
02. Develop and implement program plans, procedures and trainings.
03. Maintain knowledge of program guidelines and performance measures.
04. Maintain up to date knowledge of federal, state, and local priorities in early childhood development.
05. Explore, pursue and support strategies to sustain and grow the programs.
06. Coordinate and support cooperative relationships with community agencies, school districts, early childhood providers, and businesses.
07. Oversee the maintenance of compliance for grants and assist in future grant preparation.
08. Responsible for the marketing the programs.
09. Demonstrate fiscal responsibility with budgets.
10. Maintain statistical data pertinent to the programs and prepare and submit reports as required.
11. Communicate with staff, parents, and other professionals to address concerns, conflicts and complaints.
12. Maintain communication with the assigned State Pre School Specialist and other Program Specialists.
13. Supervise staff by:
Reviewing and monitoring schedules.
Holding staff meetings and including partners as needed.
Giving immediate crisis feedback to staff on daily operations.
Responding to staff concerns/questions via phone calls, memos, emails.
Reviewing reports submitted by staff to assure accuracy and providing necessary follow-up.
14. Complete and review purchase requisitions and assure an effective system of receiving, distributing and maintaining inventory of educational supplies.
15. Lead the Fayette County Early Care & Education committee.
Conduct and coordinate quarterly meetings.
Report out on activities occurring throughout the PIC organization.
Participate in outreach and public education events.
Develop and maintain relationships with early childhood providers, families and community leaders in order to facilitate linkages and the sharing of information relevant to early childhood.
Plan and coordinate educational activities that promote the importance of quality early learning.
16. Attend meetings and seminars as a representative for the corporation.
17. Complete forms, time cards, and other paperwork as required.
18. Perform other work and assist in special projects as required or requested.