Hansen America Inc. is part of the Hansen's Group of Companies. Hansen America Inc. is contracted to provide comprehensive facility management respecting and protecting Canadian Pacific’s (our customer) interests including direct services and indirect activities sourced by CP.
Hansen America Inc. direct responsibility is to manage resources effectively and efficiently to provide professional vehicle automotive handling services including offload, load, release, arrive, handle and administrate the flow of vehicles for several OEM customers and secondary market customers.
We are contracted to provide services at standards not less than compliant to AAR established guidelines. We actively participate and engage to lead the industry in exceeding and evolving standards within the quality/safety beyond compliance.
We are currently looking for staff to fill open full-time positions as Professional Automotive Handlers at our Cottage Grove. Minnesota location. You will be responsible for safely, efficiently, and professionally handling new and used automobiles.
- Load / Unload motor vehicles to and from multi-level railcars
- Install or remove wheel restraints from vehicles on a multi-level railcar
- Shuttle vehicles safely within an automotive facility
- Do physical inspection of vehicles for damage and report
- Inventory control using handheld scanning device
- Climb ladders to gain access to railcars
- Lift and install steel bridge plates between railcars weighing approximately 40 lbs
- Able to work within confined spaces as small as 5 feet high.
- Able to work outside in all types of weather.
- Physically fit and able to lift approx. 40 lbs.
- Able to climb ladders and work at height of approx. 14 feet.
- Able to drive a standard transmission.
- Team Player!!
- Able to work weekends and / or extended shifts.
Education and Experience:
- Must have a valid driver's license.
- Clear Criminal Record Required.
- Ability to speak English in a clear and concise manner to communicate with coworkers, supervisors, and vendors.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer-sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment.
- Able to work outside in all types of weather including cold, heat, rain and snow.
- Able to function in different environmental or seasonal conditions such as working around dust, pollen, etc.
- Safety Equipment and Clothing
Hansen's is extremely proud of our dedicated diverse workforce and has centered its culture on the pillar of Respect.