Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At The Meadows Casino, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior customer service experience in a fast-paced environment preferred.
- Previous cash handling experience a plus.
- Must have excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; must be fluent and literate in English.
- Ability to operate a P.O.S. System and/or adding machine and make change.
- Must have basic math skills, including the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with team members at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to maintain a high level of energy and take a proactive and strategic approach to dealing with issues.
- Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed.
- Adheres to all departmental and property policies and procedures regarding guest service standards.
- Greets guests in a friendly, courteous manner and arranges for seating according to guest preference and table availability; monitors room atmosphere.
- Quotes accurate waiting times and handles guest waiting lists or reservations in accordance with established procedures.
- Provides fast, friendly, professional, and responsive customer service to restaurant guests and restaurant staff.
- Operates a cash register/P.O.S. System, ringing proper amount into the register and giving the guest or server the correct change; accounts for all cash, charge, and complimentary sales according to established procedure; maintains integrity of all financial controls and responsibilities.
- Familiar with restaurant food menu, including description, price, add-ons, and beverages.
- Gives cash refunds or Credit memorandums as directed by Supervisor/Manager. - Coordinates and controls the flow of the restaurant.
- Assigns stations to servers and bus persons. - Supervises the restaurant in the absence of the Restaurant Supervisor/Manager.
- Assists wait staff and bus persons in their duties (e.g., refill water glasses and coffee cups, help pre-bus and bus tables, attend to guest needs) as necessary, or required.
- Resolves service issues according to established guidelines. - Ensures dining and serving areas are set up and maintained according to standard.
- Knows and promotes current casino events and programs and can give guests directions to all casino areas.
- Answers telephone in a professional manner.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all company matters.
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there’s a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Gambling Problem? 1-800-Gambler