Steelcase was founded as an office furniture maker, and we have evolved into the global leader in workplace solutions. We apply our insights to the intersection of space, technology, and furniture, helping individuals and teams in leading companies around the world to be more successful at work.
We research deeply in the pursuit of innovation while developing insights within all categories of our business. Protecting the environment is also in our DNA; we drive sustainable social, economic, and environmental change through our decisions and actions. We strive to do what is best—for people and the planet.
We are seeking Manufacturing Associates for our facilities in the Grand Rapids area. We are committed to providing the best service to our customers by efficiently and accurately producing custom ordered office furniture to our customers. You would be joining a tight-knit team of dedicated individuals working to achieve business goals.
We have many positions available within our manufacturing facilities for all types of skill sets on both first and second shift. Our primary job functions are:
- Assembly of office furniture
- Fabrication of office furniture
- Supplying of parts to the manufacturing areas
- Must be 18 or older
- Able to work standing constantly and with frequent bending and twisting
- Able to occasionally lift 35 lbs. from floor to waist; lift 50 lbs from waist to shoulders; and push / pull up to 15 lbs
- Able to frequently carry 35-55 lbs
- Able to reach constantly forward, frequently laterally and occasionally over the shoulders
- Able to occasionally grasp with moderate force
- Able to rotate to other work in the zone, department, division or plant as required
- Able to read blueprints and use simple measuring tools (e.g. calipers, linear measuring machine, fixtures etc.) to ensure that parts are within quality specifications
- Able to visually inspect for defects
- Able to use shop math to do simple setups and operate assigned equipment, with the ability to make adjustments as needed to produce quality parts / product
- Able to select the proper gauge and quality of steel required
- Must be able to meet required takt/cycle time as established