Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Nurse Supervisor to join our team of healthcare professionals at Westmoreland County Prison in Greensburg, PA.
A registered professional nurse with experience in practice of nursing, possessing advance studies and expertise in administration of nursing services.
- Assist Health Services Administrator in managing nursing staff.
- Participate in planning, priority setting and the development of polices and procedures for health care activities that are in compliance and contractual requirements.
- Ensure the practice of nursing is consistent with current standards and is responsible for the level of care.
- Provided guidance to the nursing staff in patient care problems and delegates responsibility within the scope of employees’ abilities.
The duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as required.
Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
We’re proud to offer a competitive benefits package including:
- Annual review with performance increase
- Generous paid-time off program that combines vacation and sick leave
- Paid holidays
- Comprehensive health insurance through Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) retirement saving plans
- Company-paid short-term disability
- Healthcare and dependent care spending account
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which included daily interfacing with inmates/patients, correctional staff, and health care personnel. May be exposed to such occupational hazards as communicable diseases, radiation, chemotherapeutic agents, and disoriented or combative patients.
LICENSING: Current state nursing license
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
EDUCATION: Graduate from an accredited nursing school
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE: One (1) year experience preferred but not required