EARN Career Navigator
- Job Reference: 00000179-1
- Date Posted: 30 April 2021
- Employer: Private Industry Council
- Website: https://privateindustrycouncil.com/
- Location: New Kensington, Pennsylvania
- Remote Working: Some remote working possible
- Salary: $32,857
- Bonus/Benefits: Health Care, Vison and Dental, 11 Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, 401(K)
- Sector: Education
- Job Type: Permanent
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Social Services, Psychology, Rehabilitation Counseling or related field with a commitment to obtain a Global Career Development Facilitator Certificate within 18 months.
Experience: Two (2) years case management or counseling or advocacy experience or program implementation preferred.
Skills, Abilities and Knowledge:
a. Understanding of competitive work standards, employer perspectives, and expectations
b. Ability to develop appropriate teaching aids and suggest accommodations or assistive devices
c. Patience, reliability, problem solving ability, as well as diplomacy and negotiation skills
d. Ability to establish rapport with participants
e. Understanding and interpreting program guidelines
f. Barrier removal assistance
g. Entering data in timely manner in required databases
h. Ability to build and retain relationships with service agencies and employers
i. Excellent oral and written communication skills, customer service skills, organizational skills, detail oriented
j. Ability to achieve goals and work independently
k. Ability to maintain confidentiality
l. Ability to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
m. Machine operations could include calculator, computer, photocopier, telephone, etc.
Duties may include any or all of the following. This list is intended to be representative.
01. Follow the IEP/ISS established on initial enrollment
02. Communicate with participants to understand their goals and ambitions 03. Use positive communication strategies to motivate clients to work on and reach their goals
04. Assist participants to discover and overcome their personal and professional barriers and set goals
05. Assess the strengths of individuals and teach them to use them effectively
06. Guide participants in learning to complete job tasks
07. Provide coaching in effective job search techniques
08. Use variety of strategies to assist clients in understanding and effectively dealing with their own social skills 09. Assist clients to implement difficult changes or adjustment in order to meet their goals 10. Instruct clients on how to manage everyday tasks to help them gain independence and move forward in life 11. Engage clients in on-going discussions about their individual goals
12. Provide interviewing techniques
13. Identify and educate the participants on skills needed to the job
14. Monitor and evaluate progress of participants
15. Maintain cumulative case files and input appropriate data in the required systems
16. Assess the abilities, limitation and suitability of individuals referred for employment
17. Provide instruction to maximize participant’s job readiness.
18. Coordinate appropriate client/job matches.
19. Visit/telephone potential employers and explain program advantages
20. Communicate with employers throughout the employment of the client
21. Develop cooperative relationships with employers.
22. Identify worksites for employment.
23. Conduct job analyses by speaking to employers and employees, observing workers and actually performing jobs.
24. Act as client advocate when working with employers, as well as, with other agencies
25. Attend seminars, meetings, and training as a representative of the corporation.
26. Complete reports, forms, timecards, and other paperwork as required.
27. Assist in special projects or assignments as directed.