The Concierge works to advance TREK's mission: to Create Value, Strengthen Communities, and Enhance Lives at our various communities. With this Triple Aim in mind, TREK and its employees are committed to the three tenets of our Hospitality Covenant: We treat everyone with the kindness we all want; we each do our part to take care of the place where we live and work; and we take the time to help each other achieve our goals and aspirations. The concierge/patrol will be responsible for activating the TREK customer hospitality directly to the residents, prospective residents, and team members at TREK residential properties. This role is responsible for assisting residents and patrolling the property to provide a comfortable environment for the TREK residential properties. The concierge/patrol will report directly to the community manager for the the property. He/she will adhere to the company's Mission Statement and ensure the site follows all regulatory requirements.
- Offer residents information related to things to do in the area, ie: places to eat, theater and sporting events, other downtown events
- Obtain help by sounding alarms when necessary
- Prevent losses and damage by reporting irregularities, and informing violators of policy and procedures
- Control security access into our building(s)
- Complete reports by recording observations
- Assist with the distribution of packages, when necessary
- Assist with monitoring the package room and providing a daily package log
- Assisting management with various day to day operations
- Secure premises and personnel by patrolling property; monitoring surveillance equipment; inspecting buildings, equipment
- Create a warm and welcoming environment for our residents and guests
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Customer service, problem solving, interpersonal skills, retail or hospitality experience required. Knowledge of surveillance equipment preferred. Problem solving skills - capable of finding solutions to the problems that residents might have. Interpersonal skills - someone familiar with the downtown area with good interpersonal skills. Customer service skills - whether meeting with residents in their apartments or in the front lobby, concierges must know how to relate to them and give them what they want. Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Teams is also required. Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
Physical Demands and Work Environment: Ability to walk and stand several hours during each shift. Ability to lift packages/other items up to 50 lbs.
Education and Experience: High school diplomas or equivalent required. Some college or trade school desired or five years of progressive responsibility in property management, hospitality or retail experience required. Hotel concierge experience is a plus.