Full-time/ Part-time/ Casual
Mid shift - Tuesday through Friday 1:00 pm to 8:30 pm and Saturday 10:00 am to 5:30 pm.
Late shift - Monday through Thursday 5:00 pm to 12:30 am and Sunday 10:00 am to 5:30 pm.
Overnight shift - Monday through Friday 12 am to 8:00 am.
All of these shifts could be earlier or later depending on the needs of the community home assigned.
Provides direct care and personal supports to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities in a community setting. Complies with Chapter 6400 Regulations and the Department of Human Services standards. Ensures the health, safety, and welfare of the individuals supported. Reports to the Community Living Supervisor.
- Supports the achievement of individuals’ personal outcomes.
- Implements the Department’s Policies and Procedures relative to Community Homes.
- Completes tasks and assignments as directed.
- Completes the Medication Administration training successfully. Ensures all prescribed medication is dispensed and documented per the Department’s Policies and Procedures in cooperation with the individual.
- Assists the individual in completing necessary medical appointments and follow-ups; in learning about their community; provides opportunities for recreational activities, and in the direct personal care of the individual as needed. Implement formal and informal outcome plans to assist the individual in achieving personal outcomes.
- Distributes individual funds, obtains and submits receipts and assists with banking as directed.
- Assists with the maintenance and upkeep of the home.
- Communicates and resolves program and individual concerns with the Community Living Supervisor on a regular basis. Participates in general staff meetings.
- Adheres to the appropriate procedures in the event of a crisis situation. Complies with instructions given by the Supervisor. Contacts the appropriate people, both professionals and family as directed.
- Participates in various committees and workgroups as requested or assigned.
- Serves as a model of appropriate language, dress, and behavior.
- Ensures effective communication with the individuals supported, families and other people involved in the provision of supports for the individual as directed.
- Receives 24 hours of training, annually, relevant to Human Services.
- Transports individuals as assigned in a safe and timely manner.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The equivalent of a High School Diploma and one year of related experience. Able to complete one person transfers. Must meet Act 33 and 34 requirements. Valid license to drive in the State of Pennsylvania and properly insured automobile for daily use.
ACHIEVA is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (EOE) and an Employer Partner under the Ticket to Work Program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. ACHIEVA is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation, contact Wendy Bott, Human Resource Department, 412-995-5000 Ext. 492, email@example.com