Automotive Technician Job Description Template
Meineke Car Care Center of Monroeville and Penn Hills is expanding rapidly and we are looking to hire several Automotive Technicians to join our team. You should have demonstrated experience as an auto technician on cars and light trucks. PA state safety and emissions licenses preferred. You will be responsible for diagnosing, maintenance, and repairing customer vehicles correctly without comebacks.
Please call 412-636-1189 or email resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Automotive Technician Responsibilities:
- Perform maintenance and repair on customer vehicles including PA state inspection and emissions preferred.
- Identify problems with vehicles using diagnostic equipment and online.
- Explain automotive repairs and issues and provide great customer service.
- Plan repair procedures using scan tools and computer.
- Test the functionality of parts and systems, exhaust, brakes and steering and suspension.
- Perform basic auto care and maintenance tasks such as oil changes, fluid level checks, and tire rotation.
- Repair and replace brakes, ABS systems, exhaust, wheel bearings, sensors and other related parts.
- Perform routine maintenance and general mechanic work on vehicles.
- Prepared to get additional certifications as needed.
- Willingness to learn with hands-on training and online classes.
- Help keep repair shop clean and organized and basic maintenance of equipment.
- Keep a professional appearance and answer customer questions and concerns.
Automotive Technician Requirements:
- Minimum 1 year Automotive and engine repair experience or auto mechanic training required.
- PA state safety and emissions license certifications preferred
- Valid driver license preferred. Work 40+ hours per week. Off Sunday and days off are either Tuesday or Wednesday or Thursday.
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance and provide friendly customer service. Must have own tools to perform most repairs.
- Perform routine maintenance and other tasks in a fast-paced safe environment.
- May lift objects that weigh as much as 100 lbs. Stock and tires and wheels.
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Possible background and drug tests if requested.
- Experience as a lube technician, or prepared to do on-the-job training.
- Understanding of automotive air-conditioning systems and certifications.
- Ability to use the diagnostic equipment.
- Good hand-eye coordination.