Function of Position:
Develop, manage, and coordinate all aspects of a successful NJCAA scholarship basketball program including but not limited to:
Examples of Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist in the implementation of the sport training and instructional program under the direction of the head coach by providing sport skill instruction, assisting in the conduct of practice sessions, performing game-related duties, and motivating players to give their best efforts
- Recruit prospective student-athletes effectively as assigned by and under the direction of the head coach
- Serve as a liaison with academic support personnel in support of players' academic efforts
- Serve as a liaison with athletic training and strength and conditioning staff in support of conditioning and rehabilitation of players
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in the personal and academic development, as well as athletic progress, of student-athletes
- Exhibit good writing and speaking abilities
- Exhibit supportive and cooperative behavior in pursuit of sport program goals set by the head coach
- Efficiently and effectively complete all assignments provided by the head coach
- Accept constructive criticism and demonstrate professional growth under the supervision of the head coach
- Exhibit good judgment and professional behavior in advising and counseling student-athletes
- Conform to the highest standards of professional conduct regarding compliance with department and institutional policies and procedures and adherence to the rules and regulation of athletic governance organizations of which the institution is a member
- Contribute to the maintenance of good working relationships with all staff, student-athletes, and external constituents through (a) a positive and constructive approach to all tasks, (b) respect for the competencies of others, and (c) appropriate conflict resolution behavior
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited higher education institution or requisite experience
- One to three years of experience as an assistant coach or head coach
- Demonstrated sport knowledge
- Proficient with technology applications applicable to the position.
- Demonstrated organizational and management ability.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Knowledge of NJCAA/NCAA rules and regulations.
- Strong ethical character.
- Must maintain First Aid/CPR/AED certifications.
- Must be available to travel, some overnight possibilities, maintain a valid driver's license and be able to secure and maintain College certification to drive College vehicles.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays as program schedule dictates.